The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for managing all aspects related to contract negotiations and procurement processes, ensuring that contracts meet the minimum company specifications and comply with corporate contract policy, terms and conditions.
- Develop the Contract Management process and procedures, or ensure that existing Contract Management practices are appropriate and meet the company requirements.
- Ensure that contracts meet minimum company specifications, adhere to timeframes and meet quality assurance, HSE, cost control, tax and insurance requirements.
- Liaise with project manager in contracting strategies development and ensure its alignment with project goals & objectives considering project constraints.
- Identify/ review contracts risks and advise mitigation strategy.
- Negotiate commercial terms of contracts with clients & suppliers, including milestones, payments, deliverables, logistics and terms & conditions.
- Review contract terms & conditions, advice approach to potential changes/ claims including documentation preparation in advance.
- Settle claims/disputes with clients, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers.
- Oversee the preparation of procurement proposal documentation including tenders.
- Collate information from tenders and prepare recommendations for the Operations Processing Committee for final agreement.
- Administer tender packages for subcontractors, including checking invoices and payments.
- Accountable for weekly reports on status of tenders/subcontractors and a weekly expediting report.
- Report to the project management committee on the progress of contracts and procurement.
- Manage insurance certificates, guarantees and mechanical/practical completion certificates for the contracts.
- Source/assist with identification of service providers when required.
- Ensure that contracts are valid and legally sound.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Degree in Engineering/Commerce /Law.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in O&G or Construction industry.
- Experience in a contracting discipline including management and administration of contracts.
- Experience working in Southeast Asia in the O&G or Construction industry.
- Understanding of liability and insurance issues related to oil & gas and drilling.
- Experience in tender processes.
- Understanding of engineering packages.
- Experience in negotiations.
- Experience and understanding of the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Experience and understanding of the supply chain process.