The Cost Controller reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for Cost Control Services including but not limited to those of cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting, cost reporting and cost risk analysis.
- Understand the corporate and project(s) specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to cost management.
- Work with all relevant project personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are in place.
- Assist is setting up project(s) with Computerised Cost System upon agreed format.
- Assisting the project manager in identifying and gaining approval of estimates/change requests.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information for all cost elements, for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a consistent basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input.
- Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner.
- Highlighting cost areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement.
- Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Liaising with the finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with procurement contract(s).
Qualifications & Skills.
- 10 years’ experience in project cost control and 5 years’ experience in EPC or EPCM projects.
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant cost software.
- Engineering or other relevant degree from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.