The Cost Estimator reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible to prepare cost, materials and labor estimates for Engineering and Construction projects preferably in the Oil and Gas industry, as well as estimates for products/services to be procured to aid management in vendor selection.
- Analyze Plot Plans, P&IDs, and other project drawings and documentation to prepare estimates for cost, materials, and labor, including escalation, allowances, contingency and management reserve.
- Knowledge and application of Range Estimating based on Probabilistic Risk Analysis
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments and construction manager to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates to be used by management for purposes such as budgeting, planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Review material and labor requirements, to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Set up cost estimating systems and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Experienced in using Cost Estimating software for Engineering and Construction
- Excellent MS Office Suite knowledge.
- 5 years’ experience in cost estimation in Engineering and Construction projects and at least 2 years’ experience in EPC or EPCM projects.
- Oil and Gas industry experience (Refineries and Petrochemical facilities).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Degree from an internationally recognized University would be considered an advantage.