The Document Controller reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for accurate management and safeguarding of documentation generated by the project team, contractors and suppliers in support of the day-to-day operation of the project and in a manner that will enable all relevant parties to quickly retrieve them. This includes, but is not limited to, operating procedures, manuals, engineering/technical reports, correspondence and project management files.
- Control all aspects of project documentation on multiple simultaneous projects, utilizing various control methods/systems.
- Prepare, operate and update Document Control Procedures in line with the Company’s Document Management System.
- Ensure proper document control support is given to each project.
- Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to Project Managers.
- Ensure all documentation provided is as per Client quality formatting requirements. Formatting may include correcting templates, fonts and style, pagination and numbering and other activities that may be required to achieve a client’s documentation requirements.
- Create Document Control and correspondence folders for individual projects.
- Work in strict co-operation with the Project Manager to ensure project progress status integration.
- Ensure all templates used with the department conform to the Company standard.
- Ad hoc duties as required to assist the project team.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Practical / hands-on experience in document management roles in EPC projects of at least 5 years.
- Basic understanding of Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Commissioning documents.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Excellent MS Suite software knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiar with e-Document management systems.