The Project Engineering Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the engineering design in order to deliver a technically sound project, which meets regulatory, statutory and licensing requirements.
- Review the design requirements of the project and organize, plan and lead the engineering design.
- Refine and adopt the company’s existing procedures and/or develop new engineering procedures that are appropriate for the project supported.
- Compile the overall engineering deliverable list.
- Ensure the engineering design personnel are properly briefed in the scope and their tasks.
- Ensure that correct input data, codes and standards are used and adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate level of engineering is complete for each phase of the project and meet company/ industry standards (FEL score).
- Identify and lodge scope/design change for approval.
- Attend regular project, design review and additional technical meetings with client.
- Work with and provide guidance and advice to the engineering team.
- Ensure that quality assurance procedures are adhered to and audits are arranged and carried out, in accordance with the company quality accreditation.
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are prepared and issued in a timely manner.
- Detail project MTO for preparation of project cost estimate.
- Attend/ ensure proper Value Improving practices e.g. Technology selection, Design to capacity, Value engineering, Energy optimization, etc. are applied.
- Arrange preparation of long lead time items list, approved vendor list etc.
- Arrange preparation of technical input into material and equipment procurement.
- Arrange evaluation of technical data and proposals from material and equipment vendors/suppliers.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering.
- At least 15 years of experience in engineering management of petrochemical, oil & gas and construction projects.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management.
- Good knowledge of SHE fundamentals.
- Excellent MS Office Suite knowledge.
- Good command of Written and spoken English and able to understand contracts terms & conditions.