The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects, while ensuring alignment with overall company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Lead the initiation, planning, execution, control and closing phases of the project.
- Conduct FEL assessment and ensure score meets company / industry standards / expectations.
- Ensure all project management systems are in place (Schedule, Cost, Change, Interface, Procurement, Document, etc.).
- Define project tasks, resource requirements and secure project resources.
- Manage project resource allocation.
- Manage project leads performance, set performance agreement, ensure individual development plan is in place and conduct regular reviews.
- Manage project budget and promote capital stewardship.
- Review overall project payment scheme to ensure positive cash flow.
- Negotiate with client and vendors for critical issues.
- Manage project risks.
- Ensure project assurance activities are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project leads to analyze progress, identify problem areas and develop resolution.
- Present reports defining project progress, areas of concerns and action to key stakeholders.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Celebrate success, recognize individuals and teams.
- Support the Knowledge Management process and foster continuous learning.
Qualifications & Skills.
- Engineering or related Degree from an internationally recognized University.
- At least 15 years of experience in project management of petrochemical, oil & gas, construction projects at a value of over US $50M.
- SHE fundamentals, regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management.
- Familiar with project, document and change management software such as Primavera, MS Project etc.
- Mentoring/Coaching, Decision-Making, Negotiating, Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered based on skills and experience of the successful candidate.