The Scheduler reports directly to the project manager and is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the project schedule as well as the reporting of schedule progress to various management levels.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the baseline schedule and providing support in the coordination of resources.
- Ensure that all scheduling Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are maintained.
- Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system to support the project(s).
- Monitor and analyze schedule performance on a regular basis and provide warnings to the project manager of deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
- Work with the project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Liaise with the Procurement Department and Supply Chain Management Department on a regular basis to ensure all items to be purchased are consistent with schedule deliverables.
- Proactively assess and analyse with the team, any risks and issues that may compromise long term execution performance and results and develop plans to remove or mitigate them.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
Qualifications & Skills.
- 5 years’ experience in project scheduling and at least 2 years’ experience in EPC or EPCM projects.
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Proficient in written and spoken English language.
- High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant scheduling software.
- Degree from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.