The Mentor Group International, through a formal Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, is heavily and constantly involved with the Thai community, with a strong emphasis on improving the future prospects of Thai youth. Past activities of TMG aiming at helping and improving the community included:
• Developed a pilot “Lab School” project for the Satun school system, under which principals and teachers were coached/mentored in improving their curriculum through the use of Project Management. This resulted in significant improvements to the quality of education at those schools. Due to its enormous success, the program was subsequently applied to many other schools.
• Provided training in Coaching and Project Management to two groups of teachers in Kanchanaburi as part of “The Leadership Institute for Thai Students” concept, which developed the teachers’ Coaching and Project Management skills. This resulted in enhancement of the students’ analytical thinking, critical thinking and overall decision making ability.
• Presented a “Principles of Project Management for Thai Students” workshop to students of international schools in Bangkok, that taught them the value of project management and helped master basic concepts of time, resource and money management.
• Taught Project Management to Ministry of Education executives during a “Mini MBA” program at the College of Management of Mahidol University.
• Coached the development of the Decommissioning Guidelines for the Department of Mineral Fuels (DMF), which became the standards used by all Oil and Gas companies operating in the Gulf of Thailand.
• Provided Project Management training to the staff of the Petroleum Institute of Thailand (PTIT) member-companies.